- There is a total of 230 Million expats worldwide!
- Expats make 3.1%of the global population.
- If every expat had to hold hands and form a ‘human chain’ they would at least circle once around earth.
- The number of expats form the imaginary 5th largest country in the world.
- 49% of expats worldwide are females.
- The total remittance to all countries by expats is more than the total GDP of Argentina (440 Billion Dollars).
- One expat moves to a new country every 44 seconds.
- Total number of American expats living abroad is 6.32 million.
- Total number of British expats living abroad is 4.7 million. We are yet to see how Brexit affects this.
- The largest expat population in Germany consist of Americans and British, depending on the city.
- In 2015, Germany received a record high influx of immigrants.
- 57% of expats in Germany are females.
- 83% of expats are generally satisfied with their move.
- Average weekly working hours for expats is 39.9 hours per week.
- The highest employment status for expats in Germany is managerial position.
- The top 1 reason for moving to Germany was due to work purposes.
- Germany is within the top 20 country for expats.