Non-visa exempt business visitors to Germany are required to obtain a Germany business visa before arriving in the country. For a list of the nationalities who require a visa, please contact the visa section at your nearest German Embassy.
The following documents are required to apply for a German business visa. Please note that additional documents may be required.
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years)
- One copy of the passport’s data page (A4 size)
- Two passport photographs that meet biometric requirements, taken within the last 3 months
- A completed and signed visa application form & declaration
- Proof of health insurance with a minimum cover of 30,000€
- Confirmed flight ticket / train / coach reservations
- Proof of accommodation during the applicant’s stay in the Schengen area
- Proof of financial status & income: personal and corporate bank statements for the 3 months / Employed applicants must include payslips for the 3 months and their employment contract / Self-employed applicants and business owners must submit proof of ownership (real estate, certificate of incorporation, corporate tax return, trading license, etc.)
- Letter of invitation issued and signed by business partner/company in Germany (can be submitted in English)
- Letter issued and signed by the applicant’s company detailing travel plans/itinerary while in Germany / Self-employed applicants can submit a cover letter
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, spouse death certificate, birth certificate of children, etc.
- Business references (at least 2)
How to apply / Processing times / Fees
All Germany Business Visa applications should be sent to the German Embassy or diplomatic mission in your country of birth or of residence. Please contact the relevant embassy prior to sending your visa application, as in some cases applicants will be required to make an appointment and apply in person. Biometric data may also be collected during this appointment.
Processing times vary from embassy to embassy, but applicants are strongly encouraged to apply well in advance, as processing times can take up to 12 weeks.
There is a visa fee of 80€, payable in advance using each embassy’s specific instructions and preferred method of payment. Please note that some embassies may also charge a service fee. Visa fees are non-refundable and will not be reimbursed should an application be rejected.