Almost everyone loves travelling, however, not everyone can afford it. With that being said, there are many hacks and tips you can use to travel cheaper. In this post, we will give you some of the top money saving tips you can utilize when traveling in Europe.
- Try avoid travelling in peak seasons. The off-peak seasons might be quieter, but it also has its benefits, such as, less crowded and cheaper. Apart from the flights being cheaper, in some instances, hotels charge 40% less.
- Plan ahead to know which locations to go and how to get there. Compare prices and source the best one out.
- Visit a tourist information office and find out if they offer and discounts or offers for travelers. In addition to that, they might provide an all-inclusive pass or deals.
- If you are on a tight budget, try to avoid taxis and opt for public transport. In most European destinations, the public transport is quite efficient and affordable. Furthermore, as an additional benefit it’s a great way of sightseeing.
- Consider other modes of transport, such as cycling. Renting a bike is very affordable and apart from the exercise you get to have a unique experience of the city.
- Travel with a partner or a group. Prices in general tend to be cheaper for two persons or more as they are more likely to be discounted and the costs will be split.
- Follow the locals’ steps. Interact with the locals and learn about their lifestyle. This will help to learn all the tricks and hacks that come from experience.
- If you are staying for a long period of time, try to avoid hotels and opt for an apartment, especially if you are not alone. One of the main benefits of having an apartment is that most of the time you can also cook and eat there, rather than having to go out dining every day.
- If you are going shopping, check first at the small local shops, where it is usually cheaper.
- Search for free events and activities.