20 Interesting Facts about Germany
- Germany is the second most popular expat destination in the world.
Ranked by the Migration Policy Institute and the OECD.
- Germany is the EU’s largest economy.
With a GDP of 3.73 trillion USD.
- Germany is one of the most countries with cultural activities and places.
- The country is a leader in energy and climate policies.
- College education is free for locals but also for international students.
- The German language has the most native speakers in Europe
- Germany’s capital shifted seven times in the past.
- Munich is the second most punctual airport in the world.
- Germany is home to some of the best inventions – Including the lightbulb, petrol/diesel engines, LCD screen and many more.
- One of the world’s largest car producers.
- Smoking is banned in public spaces.
- Same sex couples are allowed to adopt in Germany.
- Germany is one of the world’s leading book nations.
- High level of employment.
- Highly rated at a place to grow old.
- Largest population in the European Union.
A population of 81 million people.
- Nearly a third of Germany is powered by Renewable Energy.
- One third of the country is still covered with forests and woodlands.
- Germany was the first to adopt the Daylight Saving Time(DST).
- Berlin has the largest train station in Europe.