No one likes receiving electricity bills, especially if the cost is too high! In Germany, there many different electricity suppliers and prices. In this article, we will explain how to apply for electricity and provide tips to consider on how when searching for the right electricity supplier in Germany.
How to apply?
- Firstly, make some research about the options available and compare prices and conditions. You can do this all online through various platforms including, Presiverlgeich and Check24.
- Before deciding on a specific supplier, it recommended to do the necessary research, ask around for previous experiences, see reviews and/or contact the organization for more information.
- When you find your ideal offer, simply enter your personal information. Having a bank account is required to complete this process.
- Submit and wait for confirmation.
- Some electricity companies offer incentives such as client bonuses when you first join with them or fixed fee for a period of time.
- If you just moved into a new apartment, ensure you are aware of the current rates you have to pay that were set by the previous tenant. Furthermore, check when their contract expires or if you would like to switch the supplier.
- In Germany, you can change your installments. Decide whether you want to pay monthly, quarterly or yearly.
- Ensure that the termination date of your new electricity contract does not outlast the ending date of your apartment contract.
If you are continuing a contract of a previous tenant, make sure you take the reading once you move in.