Main Documents to Carry for the Germany Visa Application
A Person who needs to go to the Federal Republic of Germany for treatment may need to arm him or herself with the documents below before obtaining a medical treatment visa Germany.
• A duly signed declaration and properly filled application form.
• You will also need two passport photographs (the compulsory requirements can be found at this page for those who need further details),
• An official passport and a copy of the data page of the passport of size A4.
• To get a visa, you will also need to show proof of an insurance cover for hospitalization or emergency medical with 30,000 Euros being the bare minimum. The proof should be in the form of a letter.
• Rail tickets, flight, or other confirmation
• The journey’s itinerary in the form of a letter
• A leave letter from your employer (for the employed)
• A covering letter with your itinerary (travel plan)
• Confirmation certificate from a doctor on the need for that particular medical treatment you seek
• Confirmation certificate from a physician that the treatment is available and that you made an appointment
• Evidence of financial arrangements with the German doctor and of advance payment for the treatment
• Communication between the doctor who referred you and the one to provide treatment
• Confirmation that you have secured accommodation in Schengen for the period of your stay
• Certificates of your civil status: Marriage, Children’s birth certificates, spouse death certificate, and ration card if you have one.
• Documents proving your financial status: Payslips over the last three months/employment contract for the employed.
• The self-employed should have proof of proprietorship or other ownership papers (evidence of income, land title, agriculture income (sales form) and others.
Application Procedure and Where to Apply
You should apply at the Federal Republic of Germany’s Embassy in your home country. If you are a first-time applicant, you should carry all relevant documents and application form for submission in person. Frequent travellers can use travel agencies or agents to submit their applications.
To meet processing delays, you should apply for your visa three weeks before the set travel date.
Visa Application Fees
You will need to pay the Visa application fee by bank transfer. The embassy will not accept credit cards or cheques. The money order should bear the name of the German Consulate in the home country and it should not be more than two months old. As of 2008, the cost of a visa is 60 Euro.
A point to note when applying for a medical treatment visa Germany is that the embassy will not reimburse the visa fees in cases of unsuccessful applications. The fees are also subject to change any moment.